Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в форме Past Continuous.
1. Around me people (to talk) Russian, Italian and English.
2. Arnold (to talk) to some of the other guests on the terrace when Hardy came.
3. Alex (to look) at his watch.
4. All night long the stars (to glitter).
5. Elizabeth (to eat) and didn’t raise her head.
6. He drank some of the wine and ate several chunks of bread while he (to wait) for his dinner to come up.
7. The family (to prepare) for the party.
8. She (to argue) that only Belinda knew how to treat men.
9. A few minutes later Edward (to hurry) through the streets to his bus stop.
10. They moved across the room, which (to start) to fill up, to a vacant corner.
1. Around me people were talking German, Italian and English.
2. Robert was talking to some of the other guests on the terrace when Hardy came.
3. Michael was looking at his watch.
4. All night long the stars were glittering.
5. Lizzie was eating and didn’t raise her head.
6. He drank some of the wine and ate several chunks of bread while he was waiting for his dinner to come up.
7. The family was preparing for the party.
8. She was arguing that only Belinda knew how to treat men.
9. A few minutes later Dixon was hurrying through the streets to his bus stop.
10. They moved across the room, which was starting to fill up, to a vacant corner.
Переведите на английский язык.
- Вчера в 5 часов вечера я читал газету.
- В воскресенье с 2-х до 4-х мы работали в саду.
- Мы занимались английским языком весь день.
- Когда я позвонил ему, он готовился к урокам.
- Мы шли в библиотеку, когда она нас встретила.
- Что вы делали в прошлую субботу вечером с 5 часов до 7 часов?
- Когда я писал письмо, он делал упражнение по английскому языку.
- Мы смотрели телевизор, а они слушали радио.
- Во время обеда он читал газету.
- Было уже темно, когда они выходили из леса.
- Где вы работали сегодня в 9 часов утра?
- Я ждал вас с 3-х до 4-х, а затем ушел.
- Мы сели на скамейку. Рядом с нами два мальчика о чем-то громко разговаривали. Один из них задавал вопросы, а другой отвечал. Под деревом играли две девочки. Несколько студентов гуляли по дорожкам парка. На деревьях пели птицы. Становилось жарко, и мы решили искупаться.
1. I was reading a newspaper yesterday at 5 o’clock in the evening.
2. On Sunday from 2 o’clock till 4 o’clock we were working in the garden.
3. We were studying English the whole day.
4. When I rang him up he was preparing for the lessons.
5. We were going to the library when she met us.
6. What were you doing last Saturday in the evening from 5 o’clock till 7 o’clock?
7. When I was writing a letter, he was doing an English exercise.
8. We were watching TV, and they were listening to the radio.
9. He was reading a newspaper during dinner.
10. It was already dark when they were going out of the forest.
11. Where were you working today at 9 o’clock in the morning?
12. I was waiting for you from 3 o’clock till 4 o’clock, and then I went away.
13. We sat on the bench. The two boys were talking loudly near us. One of them was asking questions and the other was answering
them. The two girls were playing under the tree. Some students were walking along the paths of the park. The birds were singing in the
trees. It was getting hot and we decided to bathe.