Передайте следующие предложения в Passive Voice.
1. They teach three foreign languages at this school.
2. We received this letter after his departure.
3. Have dogs ever attacked you?
4. Bees gather honey from flowers.
5. The storm drove the ship against a rock.
6. Who discovered the circulation of blood?
7. They are selling delicious fruit ice cream there now.
8. The old man showed us the way out of the wood.
9. They offered her some interesting work.
10. The doctor prescribed her new medicine.
11. They don’t think much of him.
12. Everybody laughed at this funny animal.
13. We have been looking for you the whole morning.
14. We shall insist on strict discipline.
15. He has just written this computer program.
1. They teach three foreign languages at this school. — Three foreign languages are taught at this school.
2. We received this letter after his departure. — This letter was received after his departure.
3. Have dogs ever attacked you? — Have you ever been attacked by dogs?
4. Bees gather honey from flowers. — Honey is gathered from flowers by bees.
5. The storm drove the ship against a rock. — The ship was driven against a rock.
6. Who discovered the circulation of blood? — Whom was the circulation of blood discovered by?
7. They are selling delicious fruit ice cream there now. — Delicious fruit ice cream is being sold there now.
8. The old man showed us the way out of the wood. — We were shown the way out of the wood (by the old man).
9. They offered her some interesting work. — She was offered some interesting work.
10. The doctor prescribed her new medicine. — She was prescribed new medicine.
11. They don’t think much of him. — He is not much thought of.
12. Everybody laughed at this funny animal. — This funny animal was laughed at by everybody.
13. We have been looking for you the whole morning. — You have been looked for the whole morning.
14. We shall insist on strict discipline. — Strict discipline will be insisted on.
15. He has just written this computer program. — This computer program has just been written.
Передайте следующие предложения в Passive Voice, обращая внимание на место предлога.
We speak very highly of her. — She is very highly spoken of.
1. The senior students laughed at the freshman.
2. The group spoke to the headmistress yesterday.
3. These young mothers looked after their babies with great care.
4. Nobody lived in that old house.
5. They sent for Jim and told him to prepare a report on that subject.
6. We thought about our friend all the time.
7. The doctor will operate on him in a week.
8. The teacher sent for the pupil’s parents.
9. They looked for the newspaper everywhere.
10. Nobody slept in the bed.
11. The neighbour asked for the telegram.
12. Everybody listened to the lecturer with great attention.
13. They often talk about the weather.
1. The freshman was laughed at.
2. The headmistress was spoken to yesterday.
3. The babies were looked after with great care.
4. That old house was not lived in.
5. Jim was sent for and told to prepare a report on that subject.
6. Our friend was thought about all the time.
7. He will be operated on in a week.
8. The pupil’s parents were sent for.
9. The newspaper was looked for everywhere.
10. The bed was not slept in.
11. The telegram was asked for.
12. The lecturer was listened to with great attention.
13. The weather is often talked about.
Переделайте предложения в пассив.
1. They looked for the girl everywhere. 2. They did not listen to the boy. 3. She looks after the patients well. 4. They asked for our address. 5. My father looked through these papers this morning. 6. He will give my brother English lessons. 7. Afriend of his has shown me an interesting magazine. 8. His friend told him everything. 9. The students greeted the famous lecturer warmly. 10. They have recently built a huge plant in the town of N. 11. We must finish the work by tomorrow. 12. When I fell ill, my mother sent for the doctor. 13. They showed Helen the nearest way to the theatre. 14. He gave his patient some good advice. 15. Mary has told me the news. 16. The people looked at the little boy with interest. 17. They examined the paper attentively. 18. Mother is teaching her daughter to cook now.
1. The girl was looked for everywhere. 2. The boy was not listened to. 3. The patients are looked after well. 4. Our address was asked for. 5. These papers were looked through this morning. 6. My brother will be given English lessons. 7. I have been shown an interesting magazine. 8. He was told everything (by his friend). 9. The famous lecturer was warmly greeted by the students. 10. A huge plant has recently been built in the town of N. 11. The work must be finished by tomorrow. 12. When I fell ill, the doctor was sent for. 13. Helen was shown the nearest way to the theatre. 14. His patient was given some good advice. 15. I have been told the news (by Mary). 16. The little boy was looked at with interest. 17. The paper was examined attentively. 18. Her daughter is being taught to cook now.
Переведите предложения на английский.
1. Все телеграммы отправлены? — Нет еще, половина телеграмм отправлена вчера. Остальные, кроме трех, напечатаны. Последние сейчас печатают. Их напечатают минут через двадцать.
2. Много домов было разрушено в Киеве во время войны; большинство из них восстановлено, и много новых строится сейчас.
3. Когда журналист приехал в Ташкент после землетрясения, там восстанавливалось много школ и других общественных зданий. Сейчас Ташкент — город с широкими зелеными улицами, жилыми кварталами, с общественными зданиями, современными магазинами. Они были построены за последние 20 лет.
4. Переговоры все еще ведутся? — Как сообщается в печати, они подходят к концу. Но соглашение еще не достигнуто до сих пор.
5. На эту книгу сейчас большой спрос. Но если вы хотите купить ее, идите в книжный магазин. Она сейчас там продается.
6. Не входите в комнату. Сейчас экзаменуют студента Петрова. Его экзаменуют уже 20 минут.
7. Что происходит в библиотеке? — Там сейчас обсуждаются новые книги. Их обсуждают уже час.
8. Преподаватель попросил студента выучить это правило самостоятельно, так как оно было уже объяснено. «Вы были невнимательны, когда это правило объяснялось»,— сказал он.
9. Мой отец родился в 1926 году. Ему было 17 лет, когда он добровольцем ушел в армию в 1943 году. Его несколько раз награждали
за храбрость. Он был ранен и долго лечился после войны. Война оставила след в жизни каждой семьи. Брат моей матери был убит на фронте.
1. Have all the telcgrammes been sent off? — Not yet. Half o f the telegrammes were sent off yesterday. The rest o f them, except three, have
been typed. The last ones are being typed now. They will be typed in twenty minutes.
2. Many houses were destroyed in Kiev during the war, most of them have been rebuilt and many new ones are being built now.
3. When the reporter came to Tachkent after the earhquake many schools and other public facilities were being rebuilt. Today Tashkent is a city with broad green streets, blocks o f flats, office buildings and modem shops. They have been built over the past twenty years.
4. Are the negotiations still being conducted? — According to the press they are coming to an end. No agreement has been reached so far.
5. This book is now in great demand. But if you want to buy it, go to the bookshop. It’s being sold there now.
6 . Don’t enter the room. Student Petrov is being examined now. He has been examined for twenty minutes.
7. What’s happening in the library now? — New books are being discussed. They have been discussed for an hour.
8. The teacher asked the student to learn the rule by himself as it has already been explained. ’’You were not attentive when this rule was being explained”, he said.
9. My father was bom in 1926. He was seventeen when he volunteered for the army in 1943. He was awarded several times for bravery. He was wounded and went through a long recovery after the war. The war has left a mark in the life o f every family. My mother’s brother was killed in action.
Вставьте глаголы в пассиве.
Come in and have your milk. It (to keep) hot for you long. — It has been hot for you long.
- This room (not use) last year.
- The children are very excited this morning, They (take) to the theatre tonight.
- My keys (return) to me. They (pick up) in the street.
- Bicycles must not (leave) in the hall.
- He (take) to hospital tomorrow and (operate on) the day after tomorrow.
- There was nobody on the road, but the girl was afraid. She thought she (follow).
- Your dress is dirty. It must (clean).
- This room was not used last year.
- The children are very excited this morning, They will be taken to the theatre tonight.
- My keys have been returned to me. They were picked up in the street.
- Bicycles must not be left in the hall.
- He will be taken to hospital tomorrow and will be operated on the day after tomorrow.
- There was nobody on the road, but the girl was afraid. She thought she was followed.
- Your dress is dirty. It must be cleaned.
Преобразуйте предложения из активного залога в пассивный.
- They are now building new hospitals in the provinces.
- Will they publish her new novel next year?
- They will have completed the new petrol station by winter.
- The police have just arrested Jimmy on suspicion of murder.
- They cut the gas off because Mr. and Mrs. Green hadn’t paid their bill.
- They will open a new hotel next week.
- Our managers discuss important matters every Tuesday.
- The government closed the plant last year.
- New hospitals are now being built in the provinces.
- Will her new novel be published next year?
- The new petrol station will have been completed by winter.
- Jimmy has just been arrested on suspicion of murder.
- The gas was cut off because the bill hadn’t been paid by Mr. and Mrs. Green.
- A new hotel will be opened next week.
- Important matters are discussed (by our managers) every Tuesday.
- The plant was closed last year.